To make curried chicken, you will need to start by heating oil in a saucepan and sautéing onions and garlic until the onions are soft. Then, you will add a mixture of spices, including curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and cook for an additional minute. Next, you will add bite-sized pieces of chicken and cook until they are no longer pink on the outside. After that, you will add chicken broth and coconut milk to the saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Finally, you will stir in frozen peas, cilantro, and salt, and serve the curry over rice or with naan bread.
Here is a recipe for curried chicken:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt.
- Serve the curry over rice or with naan bread. Enjoy!
This recipe for curried chicken should take about 30 minutes from start to finish. This includes the time it takes to prep the ingredients, cook the curry, and let it simmer. The actual cooking time is about 20 minutes.
Thanku For reading this post see You soon on another Recipes Post.
[…] How to Curry Chicken Recipe 2023 […]